Size of the RIREKISHO and SHOKUMU KEIREKISHO – Documents required for job hunting 02
この投稿は 日本語 でもお読みいただけます
There is no format determined in law for the “RIREKISHO (resume)” and “SHOKUMU KEIREKISHO (curriculum vitae)” required when looking for a job in Japan. However, there are general size that are recommended. On this occasion, we shall introduce you to the recommended size of the RIREKISHO, SHOKUMU KEIREKISHO and envelope size when sending by post.
Related Articles on Documents Required for Job Hunting
- 01 What is a RIREKISHO and SHOKUMU KEIREKISHO?
- 02 Size of the RIREKISHO and SHOKUMU KEIREKISHO
- 03 Format types and Downloading templates（PDF/Word/Excel）
- 04 How to Write “Basic Information” in the RIREKISHO
- 05 “Photograph” to affix to the “RIREKISHO”
- 06 How to Describe “Academic History/Work History” in your RIREKISHO
- 07 How to Describe “License/Qualifications” in your RIREKISHO
- 08 How to Describe “Reason for Application” in your RIREKISHO
- 09 How to Describe “Personal Requests” in your RIREKISHO
Size of the paper used for business in Japan
In Japan, the sizes of paper known as A4/A3/B5/B4 are commonly used. Note that the B series is an original Japanese standard that is used, and the size differs from the international standard. Additionally, “MIHIRAKI” refers to a double-folded size. For example, what is referred to as “A4 MIHIRAKI” uses A3 size that is folded to make A4 size.
A4 MIHIRAKI：A3 folded in two
B5 MIHIRAKI：B4 folded in two
Size of documents required for job hunting
When this is specified by the company, you should always adhere to such stipulations.
|RIREKISHO||Conventionally, this uses “B5 MIHIRAKI” , but cases of using “A4 MIHIRAKI” are increasing.|
|SHOKUMU KEIREKISHO||Typically uses A4.|
|Entry sheet||Typically uses A4.|
Envelope size when sending by post
The RIREKISHO and SHOKUMU KEIREKISHO are official documents. Prepare an envelope in which the documents which an A4 sheet will fit without being folded. Collect your documents in a clear plastic file before inserting them in the envelope. You should prepare a colorless, transparent A4 clear plastic file in advance.
This article introduced the size of the application documents. The first thing you should do is check whether the company concerned are specifying a particular paper size or method of sending. In the next episode, we shall explain the format of the RIREKISHO and SHOKUMU KEIREKISHO.
- Status of Residence in Japan – Three Important Rules –
- Types of and Content of “Welfare Benefits” in Japanese Companies
- What is the Difference Between Regular and Contract Employees? Points to Note When Working as a Contract Employee
- [2021 | Tokyo] Four Japanese language schools recommended
- How to Describe “Personal Requests” in your RIREKISHO – Documents required for job hunting 09